image

image

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chicken, it's what's for dinner

After reading a fellow blogger, and friend's, post about Grocery shopping my way out of debt, I decided we NEED to do this! So last week we went to Publix (local grocery store) and bought only a few dinners. Below is one that I made Friday night.

We bought this prepackaged chicken stir-fry dinner. I cut the chicken strips to smaller pieces, placed them in (lactose free) milk and egg, then coated them in Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Then I put the chicken & veggies into their own skillets to "stir-fry" :)





The veggies were so awesome. The dinner came with carrots, snap peas, broccoli, & cabbage. After the chicken cooked a bit and the veggies were softened, I mixed them together to cook for a few more minutes.




MmMmm .. It really was great. I even put some biscuits on the side, these are my Hubby's fave ... unfortunately they are not homemade. That is added to my list of things I totally want to try!


I hope you've all enjoyed reliving our dinner, and I haven't made you too hungry!

What is your favorite meal to cook? 

XOXO,
 


2 comments:

  1. This is totally something I would cook too! And it's a great way to use up veggies you might have in the fridge along with your mix too! And I love the pre-cut fresh stir-fry veggies too! I've never thought of breading chicken for my stir fry, awesome idea! I'll for sure try that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized we didn't want PLAIN chicken :) so I thought making them like tiny chicken cutlets was awesome! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete